Thursday 18 July 2013

10 Years at The Mouse!

The Mouse Pub is a true local. Just a short way up the hill from my house, and just a short stagger downhill back, The Mouse has been a second sitting-room for me in so many ways, and the welcome and friendship of Elaine and Billy who run it has been an anchor in many a storm! 

Celebrating 10 great years of Elaine and Billy running 'The Mouse' pub in WoT!
I remember when a car alarm went off in the middle of the night- and I found it was mine: A car up the hill had rolled down the hill and smashed up my little Yaris. I was half-a-sleep, in a combination of night-clothes and jumper, and not in the mood at all for such an unpleasant surprise. Elaine and Billy were wonderful.

Many people enjoy the hospitality of The Mouse - and the other weekend we all came together to celebrate 10 great years of Elaine, Billy and Lauren running the pub.

Yes, Elaine may have made me enter the infamous Mouse Chilli Eating Contest  ( joint 4th! C'mon! ) and been responsible for one of the most gastrically painful nights of my life, but I can't thank them enough for the warmth, friendship, hospitality - and of course, beer, they have provided since I have known them. Thank you! Here's to another 10 years! 

No comments: