Monday 9 June 2008

a Grand effort from Upper Horfield Community Trust

Upper Horfield Community Trust should have festivals more often. I have never known one of their festival weekends to be held in anything other than glorious sunshine.

And this year, they raised in the region of £1000 for the area. Not only that, but they bring a whole community together with a mix of fun for the family, children's activities - and informative stalls and advice points. Everything under one roof - or, er, blue sky.

I entered the prize draw, got caught up in drama as the boards behind me fell over and almost crushed the lady in red hair filling in the prize draw form - and in all the excitement I managed to leave my wallet at the stall. Within fifteen minutes, I'd had a phone call from one of the organisers telling me not to panic, (which I was. Heartily.) He had my wallet. That really said it all - even amongst all the activity, the organisers had time to spot a stray wallet and take the time to return it to its rightful owner. Thank you and well done to Ray Hulbert MBE, and Maria who put so much effort into what was a fantastic weekend.

No comments: