Follow the action!

For all (well, most) of the action as it happens, follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

Thursday, 26 June 2008

The British Raj in Westbury on Trym

If I'm glowing slightly in the photo, and have chronic red-eye, it's possibly because I've just enjoyed a good hot Madras, full of flavour.

I went into The British Raj ( Passage Road, W-o-T) after an evening out canvassing in particularly miserable weather. (It's hard to look 'parliamentary' through a fine drizzle/steady rain, when your hair's adhered itself in a wet heap to the side of your head, and your hands are too slopping wet to shake on greeting...)

So there was only one thing for it, a nice hot curry. The British Raj provided a gloriously warm welcome, very comfortable seating, friendly staff and lovely food- good rich sauce which although hot still retained all its depth of flavours. It is obviously best appreciated after a hard evening's canvassing (preferably with me of course) - so what are you waiting for?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I totally agree with this blog! I've been to the British Raj a few times and I must say they do some of the best curries i've ever tasted. I definately would recommend it to anyone, not just fans of indian food. It was nice to see that they had a lot available for vegetarians too

Mary said...

Thank you for this blog. I read it and decided to go to the British raj myself, and I can say i was very pleased with the quality of food and service!